Introduction: Our natural environment and surrounding provides us with everything that we ever need. We get air, water, food, and everything else from the environment
Why should we save environment?
1. Global warming is a serious environmental issue. The continuous emission of carbon dioxide by thermal power generating units is the leading cause for the surge in greenhouse gases.
2. Natural resources are limited. If the natural resources such as oil, coal, etc. are used, one day the world may fall short of these resources.
3. High-level of environmental pollution is detrimental for human and animal health.
4. Forests are fast depleting. It may cause soil erosion and drought situation.
5. Excessive use of pesticides and contamination of soil have negatively affected soil output. These fruits and vegetables are not very healthy for human health.
How to save environment?
1. We should save drinking water. Water is a precious component of our environment. It should never be wasted.
2. We should never pollute water. Efforts should be made in making significant reduction in both domestic and industrial disposal in water bodies.
3. As far as practicable, the waste products should be recycled to make new items. The domestic and industrial garbage should be segregated as recyclable and non-recyclable before being dumped.
4. There should be a zero tolerance policy towards deforestation. Each one of us can contribute towards saving the environment by planting just one tree every-month.
5. We can make donations to NGOs that are engaged in planting trees, or in any-way working towards saving the environment.
6. Safer environmental friendly car and vehicles should be used. For short distances, people should be encouraged to use bicycle in place of motor based vehicles.
7. The use of environment unfriendly materials such as plastic should be discouraged.
8. Instead of dumping domestic garbage in the pond, lake or river, these should
9. A lot of environmental problems would disappear if we stop using petroleum, coal and natural gas as raw-materials for power generation. The focus should entirely shift on renewable sources of energy. The use of renewable sources of energy (example solar energy) would help saving the environment from global warming.
Saving Our Environment Essay
In the recent years there has been a significant rise in people's concern for the environment. We all affect the natural environment, but we are often are unaware of how much we affect it. There is no part of the earth that does not remain affected by our actions. Our actions are now threatening the health of our planet, the land we live and work on, the water supply, the ozone layer, the animal species as well as the health of our species. With this it is easy to say "The problem is too great and what can we do now?" Well, we can first remember and believe that we can make a difference. We can start with making a commitment to do a few things to save our environment.
We can work with our community and raise awareness about the environment. We can look into the environmental issues in our neighborhood. We can call our local government offices and ask if it has an environmental committee and if there is one we can join the committee and help with issues that are of concern of the local area. We can organize a clean-up at a local park or street, hold a garage sale or better yet hold a street sale and sell unwanted items, this is a form of recycling. We can also consider developing a proposal for funding an environmental program or cause. The future of our world is unknown but with steady development, we can try to guarantee a better quality of life for every living thing by becoming an informed citizen is a key piece in saving our environment possible.
In our home it is a great place to take action for the environment because we can control what happens and how things are done. At home we can reduce the amount of waste that is produced by our household. As consumers, we can influence manufacturers to produce and sell products that are less harmful to the environment. There are many things that we can do. We can be careful in our purchases, including buying only what we need, buying durable long-lasting products and buying products with no or with less packaging. We can repair items that no longer work rather than throwing them away or buying items. We can even reuse much as possible including paper, jars, and cans, cardboard boxes, paper and plastic bags, paper clips, and even string. We can even donate some of these things to a local school. We can even recycle unwanted items that can not be fixed or reused like clothing, appliances, books, magazines and many other items that can be passed on to others that can use them. Also, did you know that in 2000 the residents of Ottawa recycled over 34,000 tons of newspaper, 7,500 tons of glass, 6,500 tons of cardboard, 3,500 tons of boxboard (cereal, tissue and shoe boxes), 2,000 tons of steel, 574 tons of aluminum and almost 2,000 tons of plastic?...
Loading: Checking Spelling0%